When is it smart to use directories?
A lot of people would like to know when it is smart to use directories. Let’s say that you are targeting your brand in two different languages and you need a dedicated landing page for the two languages. In this case, it is a smart decision to use directories. Here is what you need to do in this case:
- You need to assign your current domain name to your landing page and make a directory for each language you are planning on targeting.
When is it smart to use subdomains?
Let’s suppose that your domain is examplecompany.com and twice a year you organize a seasonal sale to present your most popular line of products. In this case, you can:
- Create two different subdomains, for example, summer and winter and host various landing pages for the seasonal line of products for each subdomain.
According to experts, by using subdomains, in this case, you will be able to organize your online marketing campaigns and adjust the domain name to your company’s brand. This way, you will improve your online presence and achieve your marketing goals.
When You Should Host the Landing Pages
Now that you know more about subdomains and directories and when it is the best time to use them, you probably are wondering when should you host the landing pages? You should host your landing pages when:
- You want the domain name to pop up in the URL of the landing page
- You want to publish various landing pages
- You don’t have previous websites at your domain.
You add domains, subdomains, and directories when you establish the URL of your landing page. Adding directories is the final step of the process. Usually, you can add as many directories as you want or as your website needs.
So, are you ready to use various landing pages so you can target multiple segments as part of your marketing strategy? We encourage you to use our tips, advice, and recommendations and start using subdomains and directories to create targeted landing pages.
Don’t forget to share your experience and thoughts with us!